Thursday, September 23, 2010

Join Me in Recording My Youth!

It is weird to NOT write a Mommy's Piggy Tales memory post this week! I have enjoyed so much sharing my own life but also reading about other people's stories as well. No two stories are the same, God gives us each a very unique and wonderful life that can never match up perfectly with anyone else anywhere or any time!! How awesome is that?!!

I am so excited though that Janna will be starting a second session of Mommy's Piggy Tales beginning October 7th. So if you didn't participate (or even if you did!) in the first one, you have a second chance!!

I am a very detail oriented, and sentimental person. I wish my own mother and grandmother had a copy of their life stories to share with me! I would love to read about what like was life for them growing up and see how it differed from mine. It has been a huge blessing to write out my own, so that someday I can leave a legacy for my children. Maybe they will learn from some of my mistakes, or maybe they will just have a more clearer picture of me, not just as their mom, but as a woman who once was a girl. It's so hard to believe that huh? Our mom's were once girls, and they felt some of the same emotions we felt in our own youth!

Now, to participate is so easy! All you have to do is share a little or a lot each week about a different year of your life. I know personally, just reading through some of the other ladies post's helped me trigger some memories of my own that were buried in my mind. Or look at a picture album, pictures capture moments in time and help us to look back and remember, use them! Talk to your family, see what they remember about certain events in your personal history. Maybe you have a recipe that trigger childhood memories, share that! Or a favorite childhood toy or book. It is so open-ended, anyone can do it!!

If you want to give it a shot, contact Janna at
and link up on October 7th. Hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

  1. It was odd not linking up to Mommy's Piggy Tales yesterday, wasn't it? Congrats on writing all 15 posts!

    I would like to email you some information about "My Young Adult Years." If you'd like, you can email me at lemondroppie(at)gmail(dot)com. If you'd rather not share your email address, look for more details about MYAY on Mommy's Piggy Tales at the beginning of October. I'm so glad you'll be joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this whole thing and I wanted to do it, but I have SO much going in the upcoming months (as you read on my blog) so I don't want to commit and not follow through although at some point I do want to participate I think it is the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you think about this!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Crystal