Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Written Words

This week I am most thankful for books. Books have the power to teach and enrich our lives. They can be encouraging, inspiring, understanding, and distracting (in a good way). I love the written word and admire all those who are able to share so much so gracefully with their words!
Right now I am reading "Beautiful in God's Eyes" by Elizabeth George. It is a book about the Proverbs 31 woman. It is so uplifting to read about this passage particularly and I am inspired to become a better wife, mother and woman of God.
Another book, I will always cherish for the encouraging words I found just when I needed to hear them, was "Your Scars Are Beautiful To God" by Sharon Jaynes. Through that book God helped me to realize I shouldn't be ashamed of the different tribulations and trials I have gone through, because He wants to use them as beautiful tools to reach out to others in similar circumstances.
Ultimately though the best book is the Bible. God's written word, divined by the Holy Spirit through many different authors. The book from which countless others have been penned just to discuss and explain its contents!
If you haven't guessed yet, I love books of all shapes and sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you think about this!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Crystal