Sunday, June 27, 2010
My First Blogger Award!
Wow! I got my first blog award from another blogging mommy, Ingenue Mom! Thank you Cameron! It is exciting to think that others are enjoying the things I write about, and I am excited to read what other mommy's blog about as well!
To officially accept the award, as I understand, I have to share 7 things about myself you may not know...
1. I complusively buy Disney movies! I just can't get enough! My mom never really bought us movies as a kid, but my grandma would spoil us with the occasional Disney flick. So I decided long ago I would collect as many as possible for my own children to watch! Even ones I am not crazy about!!
2. I love to bake, but not cook! Whipping up a dessert makes me feel warm and cozy inside, but ask me to make you some eggs and I will drag my feet on the long walk to the kitchen!
3. You might have assumed from #2, but I have the biggest sweet tooth ever! Seriously, you may think you have it bad, but when my husband isn't home, I sometimes eat ice cream for lunch (after I have sent my daughter to play in her room so she doesn't get the same idea)!!
4. My husband insists I am the only person on the planet whose toenails curve out instead of inward. It drives him crazy because when my toenails are long and pretty his legs get scratched up in bed!
5. I love baby names. I constantly am searching for my next favorite baby name. We do hope to have one more someday and so far that baby is looking to have about fifty names if I were to use all my favorites!
6. One of my favorite channels is Food Network. Though I always swore I would never get into all those reality shows, I LOVE "Worst Cooks in America" and "The Next Food Network Star".
7. I am crazy about children's parties! I could plan one for my kids every month and be a very happy woman, despite the pressure that sometimes follows them. I love to go all out and see the looks on the kids faces! I only wish my children's 2 birthdays were spread out in the year so I could always be planning and thinking of one, instead of 2 in a row then another 10 months to go before another party!
And now it is my privilege to pass this award along. I guess I am supposed to give it to 5 other bloggers, but I haven't regularly been reading even that many yet because I am so new to the blogging world! So I will just give it to the ones I have been enjoying the most lately... The Adventures of Motherhood, Of Such is the Kingdom, and Living to Tell the Story