Friday, July 2, 2010

A Rainbow To Remember On


I saw a rainbow driving home from the store last night, and it lifted my heart. Much to Natalie's delight we see rainbows all the time on Guam. With the temperamental weather ranging from raining down cats and dogs one moment, to the sun shining bright as can be through the parting clouds the next, it is no surprise to me to see rainbows streaking across the sky almost daily. Even now though, I still feel such a thrill when I find them, no matter how everyday they may have become for us here. And to my delight, the joy on Natalie's face when she does spot one is always as if its the first time. Rainbows are a beautiful symbol of God's promises to us. And I am reminded at that and encouraged constantly by the sight of them.
The rainbows remind me of all that I have in the security I find only in Christ. The Lord gives us so many promises throughout the Bible, from the time of the well loved story of Noah's Arc in Genesis when the Lord first made rainbows a symbol of His promise...

"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the [rain]bow will be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh." ~Genesis 9:14-15


...to the promise of providing for our daily needs...

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19


...to the promise of security and protection in the Lord...

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. ~Psalm 46:1-3


...to the ultimate promise of redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. ~Romans 5:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you think about this!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Crystal