Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday: God's Word

I woke up this morning with a cloud over my head. And after a series of disappointing factors my cloud grew a dark gray and began to rumble with the sounds of an wet and horrible storm in the making for me. The cloud continued to build as I cleaned and tidied up our home preparing for the physical therapist to come and work with my son and I. And then the phone rang, it was the therapist, who I hoped was confirming the usual time he had been coming at one. One is the perfect time for it, after Z has had his nap and had lunch. He is happiest at this time of day. But unfortunately and unsurprisingly after how the day had already been going, he was calling to offer other times he may come today, neither was doable for Z, so he had to cancel for this week. More discouraging news on top of an already negative morning.
So you can see I am naturally not feeling very thankful this Thursday morning. But despite this day, I know I am blessed immensely more then I could ever deserve with family, friends, and a God who cares for someone as sinful as me, enough even to die to cover that sin.
Today I am thankful for my Bible, God's words to me for good times and bad. I know I can draw encouragement from within its pages, especially on days like today. As Satan is trying to drag me down, I don't have to search very hard to find scriptures from God in my Bible, as He lifts me back up.
Hear my cry, O God; Give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, A tower of strength against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. ~Psalm 61:1-4

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. ~Romans 8:28

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:38-39


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you think about this!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Crystal